Friday, March 23, 2012

Businesses suck, too!

I just cancelled by domain name with NETWORK SOLUTIONS because I haven't used it and haven't had time to really manage it. However, they opted me in to an auto-renewal without notifying me, and I had to CALL in order to opt out. By ths time, of course, they had already renewed the domain, charged my credit card, and were all set to basically take my money without ever letting me know. I was forced to call them - and when I explained the situation to them, they refunded my money and then said "There is a $10 refund request fee charge." WTF?????? Obviously, I feel this is a bunch of BS. The rep said she would "elevate" this request of fee waiver to the billing department, but when I asked if there was someone in the billing department I could speak to, she said "they don't take calls." How conveninent...and that is exactly what I told her.

It's 10 bucks, right? Not that big of a deal in the big picture of things - however, it's the principle of it all. It's an absolute SCAM!!!! DO NOT USE NETWORK SOLUTIONS for anything - unless you are willing to keep one eye on them at all times! Seriously ridiculous. OK. I think I'm done ranting for now.

Moving on to other, more important things...I head to Decatur, TX today to hang out with a dear friend and prep for a race I am not really prepped for...50 miles on the trails at Grasslands Park. Ummm....yeeeeaaaahhhh. It's been rainyg and cool at night, with temps during the day set to hit the low 80s tomorrow. Fortunately I handle the heat fairly well, although not sure how well I'll deal with it on the trails and with the humidity. Hoping that the trails are not as sandy as they were last year due to all the rain we've had, but also hoping they dry out enough to avoid the muddy bogs of 2 years ago; if it's too muddy, I'll likely not even attempt it. Or I'll attempt it but with hopes of just turning it into a long run. I need one, anyway. (It would be nice to earn the buckle, though!) HA! We'll just have to wait and see what comes along tomorrow. In the meantime, I'm so lucky to have my friend Yolie taking care of me tonight and tomorrow - good friends are a most valuable and valued treasure!

I'm not nearly as nervous about this race as I probably should be...but perhaps the nerves will finally settle in tomorrow morning? Likely it will happen when I am about to start the race and can no longer remain in denial. One of these days I'll learn, but obviously it's not any time soon. Or any time soon enough, I should say.

Here it is already the Friday of my spring break and I have really accomplished less than half of what I needed to do and intended to do. I feel a bit guilty about not putting my nose to the grindstone as I feel I should have, but I've slept and slept and slept, watched movies, sewed, and generally been a lazy lazy bum. I wish I had just gone ahead and bought a plane ticket to somehwere - picked out a spot I'd never visited and up and left. But now it's too late! However, perhaps I'll take a weekend trip in April; after all, I did take one in early March, even if it didn't turn out exactly to my liking. Hmmm...it definitely might be worth doing. Keeping my eye on airfare.

OK. Time to get started with the day. I've got a lot to do and I actually need to DO it! Keep your fingers crossed for me, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment